Financial hardships shouldn’t keep those with breast cancer from getting the care they need. While medical treatment and care are typically the primary costs associated with a breast cancer diagnosis, there are other expenses of daily living that can prevent patients from getting the care they need, when they need it. The Komen Financial Assistance Program is here to help.
Susan G. Komen Breast Care Helpline
1-877 GO KOMEN (465-6636)
Monday – Friday 9 a.m – 10 p.m. ET
- Press #2 for our Breast Care Helpline.
- Ask for information about the Treatment Assistance Program.
- Se habla español.
Learn more about our Breast Care Helpline.
Eligibility Criteria – Applicant must:
- Currently be in treatment for breast cancer or living with metastatic (Stage IV) breast cancer,
- Have a current annual household income at or below 300% FPL (see table below),
- Reside in the United States or a US Territory,
- Not received a KFAP payment in the past 12 months.
- Payment amount is based on current stage of cancer. Eligible individuals with metastatic (Stage IV) breast cancer will receive $750; eligible individuals with earlier-stage breast cancer (Stage 0 to III) will receive $500.
Cancer stage must be stated on the applicant’s medical provider letter (see application for complete list of requirements).
- For those living with metastatic (Stage IV) breast cancer, medical documentation confirming diagnosis may be submitted in place of a medical provider letter.
Funds may be used for daily-living expenses such as rent, utilities, food, transportation, childcare, etc. (see application for full list of approved expenses)
- Side-effect management medication (e.g. pain, anti-nausea, etc.)
- Child care/elder care
- Oral treatment medication (e.g. chemotherapy, hormone therapy, etc.)
- Transportation to and from treatment
- Durable medical equipment (e.g. oxygen tank, walker, etc.)
- Lymphedema care and supplies
- Food or groceries
- Palliative care
- Home health care
|Persons in Family/Household||300% of the 2022 Federal Poverty Level (FPL)|
|48 Contiguous States and D.C.||Hawaii||Alaska|
|300% of the 2022 Federal Poverty Line (FPL)|
|Persons in Family/Household||48 Contiguous States and D.C.||Hawaii||Alaska|
• Call Komen’s Breast Care Helpline at 1-877-GO-KOMEN (465-6636). A Komen Helpline specialist can determine if you are eligible and walk you through the application over the phone.
We can be reached from 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
(Habla en Espanol.)
• Download an application and apply.
- Confirm eligibility.
- Download application.
Complete and email your application to
OR print and mail your completed application to:Susan G. Komen
ATTN: Financial Assistance Program
13770 Noel Road, Suite 801889,
Dallas, TX 75380
Available in Spanish
• Apply Online
Apply online and help test a new (BETA) online application that automatically connects with your MyKomen Health account. You can create, submit, and track your application through your secure MyKomen Health account. It also offers you immediate access to personalized health information and helpful resources.
Click APPLY NOW to register and apply today.
Already registered? Click here to login.