Learn more about
those who do more.
Major League Baseball
GOING TO BAT AGAINST BREAST CANCER
In recognition of Mother’s Day, Susan G. Komen®, the world’s leading breast cancer organization, and Major League Baseball (MLB) are teaming up to put moms first and raise awareness to help reduce rates of breast cancer.
The partnership between Komen and MLB is a collaboration to support Komen’s “Share a Moment with Mom” campaign through several on- and off-field activations that will educate individuals on the risk factors of breast cancer and raise money for research to find the cures. The “Share a Moment with Mom” campaign will debut a special Mother’s Day tribute video, which will appear in stadiums and will feature MLB players with their moms such as Pete Alonso, Tim Anderson, Carlos Correa, Carlos Rodon, Mike Trout, and many others.
“Partnering with Major League Baseball gives Susan G. Komen a new platform and access to thousands of sports fans about the warning signs of breast cancer and the programs Komen offers to support people who are going through breast cancer now,” said Paula Schneider, President and CEO of Susan G. Komen.
“Mother’s Day is a special day to recognize and remember all the moms in our lives, and this year we chose to partner with Susan G. Komen to honor all those moms who have provided unwavering love and support, gentle compassion, and guidance, many of whom have been impacted by breast cancer,” said April Brown, Vice President of Social Responsibility, Major League Baseball.
The Susan G. Komen and Major League Baseball partnership includes:
- One-of-a-kind, specially designed caps by New Era featuring pink Club logos (worn by all players, managers, coaches, and other on-field personnel)
- A matching pair of Stance socks is available for every player
- On-field personnel may wear pink wristbands and will wear the special breast cancer awareness, pink MLB silhouetted batter decals on Nike jerseys
- Major League players may continue to use special pink bats provided by Louisville Slugger or another approved bat supplier
- Commemorative base jewels
- Many Clubs across the League have partnered with Komen to honor moms in ballparks as part of Komen’s “Share a Moment with Mom” program.
- Special Komen Mother’s Day Video will be shared in Major League Baseball stadiums across the country as well as Komen’s website and social media handles.
About Major League Baseball (MLB)
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic professional sports league in the United States and consists of 30 member clubs in the U.S. and Canada, representing the highest level of professional baseball. Led by Commissioner Robert D. Manfred, Jr., MLB currently features record levels of labor peace, competitive balance and industry revenues, as well as the most comprehensive drug-testing program in American professional sports. MLB remains committed to making an impact in the communities of the U.S., Canada and throughout the world, perpetuating the sport’s larger role in society and permeating every facet of baseball’s business, marketing and community relations endeavors. With the continued success of MLB Advanced Media and MLB Network, MLB continues to find innovative ways for its fans to enjoy America’s National Pastime and a truly global game. For more information on Major League Baseball, visit www.MLB.com.