Complementary and Integrative Therapies References
- Greenlee H, DuPont-Reyes MJ, Balneaves LG, et al. Clinical practice guidelines on the evidence-based use of integrative therapies during and after breast cancer treatment. CA Cancer J Clin. 67(3):194-232, 2017.
- Clarke TC. The use of complementary health approaches among U.S. adults with a recent cancer diagnosis. J Altern Complement Med. 24(2):139-145, 2018.
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Be an informed consumer. https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/be-an-informed-consumer, 2020.
- Ang-Lee MK, Moss J and Yuan CS. Herbal medicines and perioperative care. JAMA. 286: 208-216, 2001.
- Sparreboom A, Cox MC, Acharya MR, Figg WD. Herbal remedies in the United States: potential adverse interactions with anticancer agents. J Clin Oncol. 22(12):2489-503, 2004.
- Gerber B, Scholz, Reimer T, Briese V, Janni W. Complementary and alternative therapeutic approaches in patients with early breast cancer: a systematic review. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 95(3):199-209, 2006.
- Lawenda BD, Kelly KM, Ladas EJ, Sagar SM, Vickers A, Blumberg JB. Should supplemental antioxidant administration be avoided during chemotherapy and radiation therapy? J Natl Cancer Inst. 100(11):773-83, 2008.
- Hershman DL1, Unger JM, Crew KD, et al. Randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial of acetyl-L-carnitine for the prevention of taxane-induced neuropathy in women undergoing adjuvant breast cancer therapy. J Clin Oncol. 31(20):2627-33, 2013.
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Are you considering a complementary health approach? https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/are-you-considering-a-complementary-health-approach, 2016.
- Ernst E. Complementary and alternative therapies for cancer, in Up-to-Date (Hesketh PJ, Savarese DMF, eds.). Up-to-Date, 2021.
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Safety and use of complementary health products and practices. https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/safety, 2021.
- Lee RT, Kwon N, Wu J, et al. Prevalence of potential interactions of medications, including herbs and supplements, before, during, and after chemotherapy in patients with breast and prostate cancer. Cancer. 127(11):1827-1835, 2021.